Friday, November 28, 2003

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

I’ve done nothing but sleep for the past two days. Really. It all started Wednesday night, when I went to the Twilight Singers show. I knew it was going to be a big night since no one had work the next day and a bunch of friends were getting together for this show. I had no idea it would be the kind of night where you wonder how you got where you are when you wake up and realize you still aren’t home yet. I won’t go into details, but will fill you in the highlights. The show rocked. It has to be one of the best shows I’ve seen all year. Keanu Reeves was there, and I talked to him. He is even more beautiful in person, but I still hate the Matrix. After the show we decided to go back to the Shortstop since we were with one of the owners, and the band and everyone was going to hang out for a little while more. That was a blast, and I’ve got the photo booth pictures to prove it. But the night kept going since Mo and I decided we didn’t want to go to bed, so we continued the festivities in a friend’s hot tub and drank champagne while we watched the sun rise. If that’s not a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving, I don’t know what is.

As for my actual Thanksgiving meal, I had planned to order a pizza with my friend Scott, but all the pizza places were closed. So we went out to Fred 62 for our meal to be followed by drinks at the Dresden. Swingers made the Dresden famous, but Marty and Elaine make it infamous.

I guess I should mention what I’m thankful for, since that is what this holiday is all about. I’m thankful for my family, since no matter what crazy ideas I might have (like moving to LA) they are endlessly supportive. I’m thankful for my friends, even the ones I don’t get to see often but I know are always only a phone call away if I need them. I’m also thankful for my day job, which I found myself almost missing today while I watched daytime TV and realized if I didn’t have a job I would be subjected to watching this crap everyday.

And now the Christmas season begins. I’m compiling my favorite songs of 2003 to be put on a CD and given to friends as a gift. Feel free to e-mail me with your suggestions as to who should make the list.