Saturday, December 27, 2003

Happy Belated Whatever-You-Celebrate

I know I've been MIA, but it's been really nice not doing anything for a few days. I spent Christmas day with some fellow east coast orphans playing board games, eating, and getting silly. By 11pm, all of us were passed out and felt like we had already spent 3 days together instead of just one. Friday, I literally spent the entire day sleeping. I got up at 8pm, went to a friend's, won at blackjack, and then returned home again for more sleep. I think I have Chronic Fatigue or something. And now it's only Saturday, and I still have the whole weekend ahead of me. I love four-day weekends.

I need to read this book that I have been putting off for a good two months now. I decided to start a book club with some co-workers, which seemed like a good idea at the time. Someone picked this book called Hard Boiled Wonderland, and everyone read it in about 4 weeks. I'm still on page 20. I feel like I'm back in school and I have a book report due. It's become a joke how far behind I am from everyone in the book. So to stop them bothering me about not finishing it yet, I bet them I would finish it by New Year's or buy them all lunch. I figured I've got 2 four-day weekends to get it done. No problem. Now it's halfway through that first 4 day weekend, and I've yet to pick up the book. How can I read when Teen Wolf is on HBO? I'm not giving up yet. I will definitely try to finish this book and win the bet. But I did learn through all this that I am totally not ready to go back to school right now. I can feel guilty for not doing the reading without going into debt thank you very much.