Friday, December 05, 2003

Insert Witty Title Here

Today we had an office-bonding day at Lucky Strike Lanes in Hollywood. I love those company type gatherings where you are forced to hang out with co-workers in otherwise social type settings instead of working. You find out what people’s real wardrobe and personalities (thanks to the open bar) are like. Fortunately, I really like the people I work with… not enough to leave the desert bar and actually bowl, but enough to be totally entertained and thankful I’m not sitting at my desk and updating the PCR, looking up things in FCI, and trying to wrangle out PO’s in SAP. Confused? Me too.

After Lucky Strike I went to a Jimmy Kimmel Live taping for the second time this week. Monday I went with my brother because Wayne Gretzky was on. If Wayne’s a guest, you go, it’s as simple as that. PS, The Great One looks even more Canadian in person. Tonight’s guest was Jessica Alba (way prettier than I thought she would be), Michelle Branch and Joe Jackson. I went because Joe is on a label that my friends work at and I’m a sucker for the open bar/free food/free Galaga thing that Jimmy’s got going on in his green room. This is not a normal week, by the way. I don’t just go to this show to hang out on random nights. There is such as a thing as wearing out your welcome. But if you ever get an invitation, and I’m pretty sure it’s not that hard, you should go. It’s the best green room in late-night by far.

I guess I should say something about the Grammy nominations, but I just don’t have the energy to complain about their choices and suggest artists that no one has heard about just to seem like I know more about music than the people who actually have something to do with picking who is nominated. I will spare you all that snarky, elitist, holier-than-thou rant about The Grammy’s. But it was cool of them to nominate David Cross for the comedy album. Weird Al will be a tough one to beat, but I think it’s David’s year.