Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Don't mess with Robert Van Winkle

Caught the re-run of the Surreal Life last night… Vanilla Ice frightens me. He’s just so angry. And he believes we are all aliens. Anger and stupidity is a scary combo. Tammy Faye seems really sweet and fragile. You almost forget she stole money from her followers. And since when did Trishelle from the Real World get so mouthy and outgoing? I bet the producers told her to get in there and stir the pot. So here’s yet another reality show I’m hooked on. Great. Just what I needed. Will someone buy me a TIVO so I can still have a life please?

Also, just read on Productshop that David Sedaris will have a new book coming out on June 1st called Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. About time. For my fellow Los Angelinos; David will be appearing at UCLA’s Royce Hall on June 24th and 25th. Buy your tickets now. This will sell out. I’ve gone to a few of David’s live readings, and they never disappoint. It’s also nice to see a lot of people geeking out together over a writer.