Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Hey Ma, no cavities!

I’m a little out of sorts this morning… I had an obscenely early dentist appointment and spent the morning playing catch up.

Couple of points to ponder:

Who’s the genius that scheduled Franz Ferdinand’s LA show at the Troubadour during SXSW? For those of you who will still be in town, they are playing 3/19. By the time they come around again it will probably be at a bigger venue for more money. I am not amused.

Why does The OC want us to love them so badly? With a soundtrack like this, I am almost giving up and becoming a fan of the show. Ok, not really, but this one totally kills the Gilmore Girl soundtrack that Rhino put out awhile ago.

Track list for "Music From The O.C. -- Mix 1":

"Paint the Silence," South
"Just a Ride," Jem
"Honey and the Moon," Joseph Arthur
"The Way We Get By," Spoon
"Move On," Jet
"How Good It Can Be," the 88
"Caught by the River," Doves
"Rain City," Turin Brakes
"We Used To Be Friends," Dandy Warhols
"Dice," Finley Quaye and William Orbit
"Orange Sky," Alexi Murdoch
"California," Phantom Planet

After reading an interview with Jake Gyllenhaal, I found out that we are currently reading the exact same book. It’s fate. Move over Kirsten.

Josh Bernoff, principal analyst at Forrester Research, said at Midem to “get out of the plastics business.” He’s referring to the new research that shows young music fans no longer have interest in holding a CD in their hands and that CDs will be passé by 2007. So will I now be a purist if I continue to buy CDs like people who clutch to vinyl?

Hey Ladies: Girls Gone Wild is looking for female camera operators to capture footage for GGW’s newest project, Guys Gone Wild. I swear this is real… I’m not that imaginative to make this up. One year of DV or Beta experience and a fun, outgoing personality is a must. Send your resumes to shootguys@girlsgonewild.com or fax 310-566-1851. I’m not going to even ask what guys will be flashing…