Wednesday, January 14, 2004

This is why I don't have nice things...

I was rear-ended this morning on my way into work... IN MY NEW CAR!!! My first thought was, NOT IN MY FUCKING NEW CAR. My second thought was one of pride for not being the cause of the accident. That’s a first for me. (I’m a horrible driver). The poor girl that hit me was totally shaken and looked scared to death I was going to be a nightmare claiming physical trauma or something. I was fine, and the only damage was a slight little circular mark in my fender. It’s something I can live with, and she didn’t seem the type to have excess cash to pay for my own shallowness in having a perfect car, so I let it go. We didn’t call anyone or even exchange insurance (dumb I know), but I did get her number in case something does happen with the car, which it won’t. All said and done, it could have been worse. But I’m still cranky now because of it. I need chocolate now.