Saturday, January 24, 2004

Thrilling

Wow. The Thrills rocked last night. I like their album, their sound, and the fact they’re cute Irish boys, but they totally surpassed my expectations. Some of their ballads slowed down their momentum, but then bam! they would come back with the rock and totally suck you in. They played some new songs too that totally were instant crowd pleasers, which was a feat since the crowd was 90% industry. Seriously, the light beaming from everyone’s Blackberry was almost blinding. Retch. Regardless, it was a great show, and I have Scott to thank for “getting me out of the house.” We also saw Hayden Christensen at Dan Tana's before the show. If you've ever been to Dan Tana's you know how crowded it is, which basically means you have no personal space at all while enjoying a drink at the bar. It goes without saying, I was more than happy to give up my personal space for Anakin Skywaker. I forgot how tired I was from staying out too late the night before seeing Rich Robinson (who was also fantastic). Tonight I begin my hibernation. Let’s see how long I can go. Trips to the 99cent store for chocolate icing and Swedish fish don’t count as going out. A vegetarian has to eat, doesn’t she?

On a side note, Cindy, one of my pregnant friends, is hilarious. She wrote me this e-mail about finding her first stretch mark. I’m so proud. She’s also the genius that suggested I start my own website months after I starting doing this one and sent her the link. She’s from Long Island, so I forgive her.

It's 4pm and I am still in bed. All is right in the world.