Monday, February 02, 2004

On Tap

Happy Groundhog Day. Happy Birthday Grandma. Happy February. Can you believe it’s February already? I swear Halloween was yesterday.

I don’t even know where to begin on my recount of Saturday night. The show was so much fun, and I can’t believe how many people were there singing along and dancing to Metric. Their last show at the troubadour had like 50 people at it. This time they sold out the El Rey, and everyone seemed to be there for them. They are an odd pairing for South, who are more of a sit-back-and-enjoy kind of band. That kind of made it hard for them to connect to the audience after Metric. But South are fantastic and some of my favorite people in the world, so go buy their album. I hung out way too late after the show, but since these folks live on the other side of the pond, I figured I could afford to be a little tired the next day. Towards the end of the night we realized I will be in New York for their Bowery Ballroom show, so we get to do it all over again. Yippee.

I have to mention that the hobbits have to be some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I still don’t get their movies though.

Monday, 2/2
The Vacation @ Spaceland
The Vacation is the February Free-Monday residents. I’ve heard good things, but tonight will be my first time seeing them. I can’t say it will be good, but I can guarantee it will be worth every penny.

Tuesday, 2/3
David Bowie @ The Wiltern
Good luck even trying to get tickets for this sold out show.

John Frusciante @ The Knitting Factory
RHCP’s guitarist goes it alone. He kind of scares me.

The Blood Brothers @ The Troubadour

Wednesday, 2/4
X @ Key Club
I hear seeing Exene perform now is kind of depressing.

Los Lonely Boys @ The Troubadour
Highly recommended.

Thursday, 2/5
The Shins @ The Henry Fonda
They are also playing Friday night. I like the Shins, but stop asking if I named this site after their song.

Friday, 2/6
On the Speakers @ Spaceland
I’ve mentioned them a million times here. Go see them already.

Saturday, 2/7
Rock the Vote Awards @ The Palladium
N*E*R*D, Fountains of Wayne, Black Eyed Peas & Special Guests. More importantly, register to vote here.

Sunday, 2/8
Happy Birthday Matthew!!!

Nada Surf/The Long Winters @ Troubadour
For those of you who don’t know, Nada Surf is much much more than that “Popular” song. And the Long Winters’ song “Cinnamon” is as addicting as crack.