Sunday, February 15, 2004

On Tap

So my weekend back home has come to a close. Though I love LA more than I ever thought imaginable, there is nothing better than being back home where you grew up. From getting some much needed mothering from my parents to seeing some of my best friends in the world, being home definitely has its advantages. I made this weekend an ambitious one by trying to fit in all the people I wanted to see while getting some major things accomplished. I did manage to see Pitty Sing, Metric and South at the Bowery Ballroom on Friday night. Though I was working on 1 hour of sleep, the show was entertaining enough to make me forget how tired I actually was. That’s a good sign. I also ran into some people randomly at the show that I haven’t seen in years and didn’t know were going to be there. I love it when that happens. It goes to show you what a small town New York actually is. Saturday and Sunday were spent at David’s Bridal. I walked away with two bridesmaid dresses that I actually like. I don’t know if I’ll ever get the chance to wear them again, but if anyone needs a bridesmaid in the LA area with a red or plum colored dress, I’m your girl. And finally, I got together with two friends who I don’t get to see as often as I like. Julian and Al; it was so good to see you guys again. Hopefully some sports team will bring you out west soon.

Monday, 2/16
This is funny. Thanks Scott.

Tuesday, 2/17
The Notwist @ The El Rey
Electronic indie-rock is the new Emo.

The Shins on Conan O’Brien
Good music to be gobbled up by insomniacs.

Wednesday, 2/18
Stay in and plan how you are going to spend your Leap Day.

Thursday, 2/19
The Supersuckers @ The Roxy
Everyone who considers himself or herself a fan of the Rock must see the Supersuckers at least one in the lifetime.

All Night Radio @ Little Temple.
I just got this cd in the mail thanks to Andy. It's the Beachwood Sparks guys making more hippie type rock. The jury is still out on this one.

Friday, 2/20
The French Kicks on Carson Daly
Spoon love The French Kicks. So should you.

Saturday, 2/21
The Walkmen @ The Henry Fonda
You’ve heard them before, but don’t know it since their song was played over a car commercial. Go see them now and realize they are much more than a just a vehicle to sell cars (pun intended).

The Briefs @ The Troubadour
Great Seattle band who Interscope signed and then realized they didn’t know how to market them, so they were dropped. Hopefully they were paid for their time wasted on a major label. Go to this show and request they do “Poor and Weird.”

The Fall Water Project @ The Viper Room
This is co-worker’s band. I’ve never seen them before, but I promised to go. If it sucks and you go, I’ll make him buy you a drink or something.

Sunday, 2/22
Sex in the City – Final Episode
I plan on crying.