Thursday, February 19, 2004

Say When

Last night as I crashed into bed tired and worn from the day’s activities, I decided to turn on my TV and mindlessly drift off to sleep. That was my first mistake. I should have picked up the book I’m reading instead of turning on the TV, but that’s another post. To my horror, 'Till Death Do Us Part; the Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro reality show was on and broadcasting Dave getting a colonic to prepare for his up-coming nuptials. I kid you not. You probably saw this as well, or will undoubtedly catch it thanks to MTV’s never ending re-run policy. Mr. Navarro from Jane’s Addiction (and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, briefly) used to be a heroin addict. And I’m glad he’s, ahem, cleaned up, but do we really need to see the extent of his cleanliness? There just should be a line or something. And the fact that he didn’t want to taste samples of possible wedding cakes because he was trying to eat healthy, well, that’s just as lame as guys drinking diet soda. Get over it. Carbs are your friend. Oh, and if I see one more person at a fast food restaurant eating their burgers wrapped in lettuce instead of (gasp) a bun, I might have to scream. If you want to lose weight, don’t order a burger at a fast food restaurant.

Onto something more interesting… Chuck Palahniuk, author of Fight Club, Choke, Survivor, Lullaby and more, has a new short story out called Guts. It is going to be featured in the March issue of Playboy (yes, you can actually just buy it for the articles). Word on the street (or Productshop NYC in this case) is that people actually fainted while Chuck read Guts at one of his appearances. How’s that for buzz?