Friday, February 06, 2004

Too much wine, not enough cheese

Last night I went to a wine and cheese party for women in the entertainment industry. As the title suggests, I may have indulged too much on the first part and not enough on the second. But it wasn’t my fault. They had man-servants coming around every two seconds to refill our glasses. I couldn’t keep tabs on how many I had because my glass was never near being empty. Wine stinks because then I wake up at 5am and can’t get back to sleep, so I’m reduced to watching Mrs. Doubtfire on cable until the sun rises.

I did find out that tickets for Prince at the House of Blues go on sale today at noon. He’s schedule to play at midnight on Sunday night after the Grammy’s. But those looking to go hear some of their favorite Artist Formerly Known as an Unpronounceable Symbol tunes will be disappointed. The purple one will only be performing his new stuff.

My favorite part of the evening was being stuck in traffic for an hour trying to get to the party. Last night, my sister-in-law had the honors of entertaining me via cell phone while I sat idle in my car for no apparent reason. I know everyone says it’s bad to talk on the phone while driving, but I think it curbs road rage.