Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I'm a slacker

I know this is a late post, and I’m not going to be posting while I’m at sxsw (and if I do, shoot me because I should NOT be on the computer while there) but today’s slipping away from me.

I have to say how happy I am that Franz Ferdinand actually rocked live at the in-store last night and will hopefully live up to the hype. I was worried there. They got off to a rocky start with their first song, but quickly became comfortable and just commanded the room. Amoeba was packed, and I’ve never heard applause there so loud. At one point the crowded even broke into organized clapping without FF telling them to do so. I hate to continue the hype and keep talking about them, but they do indeed rule. Go see them tonight at UCLA. It’s free. You have no excuse.