Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Los Angeles is covered in fog right now and I don’t like it.

Scott put up some pics from SXSW (I'm the one with the leg warmers on.) They make me miss it already, although I'm totally still tired, have lost my voice, and am coming down with a cold. Give me about a week and I will be ready to go again.

Kevin Smith says he once got an offer to direct Michael Jackson in a movie about a man who turns into a car that gets ridden around by a boy. Smith tells Playboy magazine that Jackson wanted to play the car/man role. The proposed title of the film, and Smith says this is no lie, was "Hot Rod." Michael Jackson’s music may be horrible now, but he still comes through when it comes time to entertain.

Being crazy is totally in. Next time you do something regrettable after a big night out, just think, you can’t top Courtney or The Vines’ Craig Nicholls. Those two are cra-zy.

The fact that the LA Times website is pay-subscription based is lame. That’s why I read the NY Times instead. Take note LA Times.

Speaking of the NY Times, they reviewed Mark Kozelek’s (Sun Kil Moon) performance at the Bowery Ballroom. Read it here. Too bad they only reviewed the banter and not the actual music.

A five-year-old boy in Miami brought pot to school and sprinkled it on a friend’s lasagna and got busted. Topping that, a four-year-boy in Indianapolis brought $10,000 dollars worth of crack cocaine to school saying it was flour. I would usually say something snarky, but this is kind of too sad. I mean, you need to wait until you are at least eight before doing drugs.

The bean and cheese burrito is my new peanut butter and jelly sandwich, especially if they only cost $1 and come out of a vending machine. I could eat them all day long, and kind of already do.