Friday, April 23, 2004

At the Movies ©

But first, big news: The Pixies are playing a small show the night before Coachella, April 30th at the Glass House in Pomona. The show is billed as: Coachella Pre Party Featuring Moving Units with Special Guests 7:00 PM $30.00 Tickets Onsale Thursday, Apr 22 10:00 AM Two Ticket Limit.

Thanks to Tony for sending this my way. Amazing that people even read this thing, let alone give me great scoops like this.

Also a certain “newlywed dancer/model/actress/groupie” is having her birthday party tomorrow night at Forbidden City. Oh forget it with trying to do a blind item… I’m talking about Carmen Electra. Go and say hi to Jane’s Addiction and ask them why they suck now.

Opening this week
Man On Fire
It’s got that cute Dakota Fanning girl in it, but I doubt that will save this sinking ship. When was the last time Denzel Washington was in a movie that did well? Though I heard Out of Time was actually good.

13 Going on 30
Bunsen put it best here.

Clifford’s Really Big Dog Movie
I debated on whether to mention this or not. There isn’t much being released this weekend, so I did. I would go see that Disney movie instead if I wanted a kids flick though.

This So Called Disaster (LA and NY only)
Documentary on the weeks just prior to Sam Shepard's stage production of his play "The Late Henry Moss." Stars Sean Penn and Nick Nolte.

Currently In Theaters

Kill Bill Vol. 2
Still don’t care.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
You might still be able to catch it in some theaters.

Prince and Me
Julia Stiles falls for a foreigner who turns out to be a Prince. Wackiness ensues.

The Ladykillers
What happened to this? Coen Brother AND Tom Hanks, yet it still bombs.

Mayor of Sunset Strip
I already dished on this here.

United States of Leland
So I’m suffering right now from insane insomnia. I was up at 4am this morning and decided to watch the Sharon Osbourne Show because nothing else was on. Chris Klein (aka, Mr. Katie Holmes) was on promoting this snooze-fest of a movie. I saw it 2 years ago a Sundance. It’s a rental at best, unless you have insomnia too, because it has helped me go to sleep twice now.