Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I love LA (even more now)

I love Idlewild. If you know me, you know this about me. Well, if you read this site, you know this about me too.

I just found out that Idlewild are moving to LA for two whole months to record their new album. Awesome. Really. Awesome. Does someone want to assign me to write a story about their recording process? You know, the type of story where I would basically have to live with the band for the entire two months to get a real feel for them as artists. I promise not to say “awesome” in every sentence of the article. Really. Though I would want to because they are in fact awesome. But I won’t. It would be a think piece, describing a band on the brink of breaking in America while they deal with their increasing fame and a life permanently on the road. Or something like that. Someone? Anyone?

I would go the usual stalker route, but see, I’ve been there, done that with them. They know me now. So I need a real reason to actually show up at their studio because a wacky coincidence just won’t fly with them anymore, you digs?

Any help in uniting Roddy and myself would be much appreciated. I mean, it’s inevitable, but at the same time, I’m not getting any younger over here.