Thursday, April 15, 2004

Tone Loc and Devo on the same bill?

Bunsen sent me this link yesterday for a race in LA called Run Hit Wonder, which if I wasn’t planning on moving that weekend, already had softball game that afternoon or didn’t have people in town, I would totally do. Actually I still might. It’s just too weird to not do. Here’s the skinny: on April 25, Nike will host a 5K/10K run that will be feature live performances from one-hit wonders like A Flock of Seagulls, Tone Loc and General Public. At the finish of the race, Devo will perform. What is more motivating to finish a race than hearing the actual Flock of Seagulls perform “I Ran (So Far Away)” while running? P.S. This race is also held in NY, Chicago and Portland, OR.

In more run/charity news, the Revlon Run/Walk for Women is being held on Saturday, May 8th. This is a 5k, and yes, you can walk it. Proceeds go to fight against breast and ovarian cancer. Click here to learn more and register. I usually do this every year, but I will be back in NJ for my best friend’s wedding. I’m the godmother to her un-born child who I just found out this morning is going to be girl. The best part of being a godmother is being able to fly in for the weekend, play with them, dress them up and mold them into a mini-me, while being able to fly home before changing diapers loses its novelty.