Friday, May 28, 2004

At the Movies ©

Opening this week:
Soul Plane
Go see it. Please.

The Day After Tomorrow
Jake Gyllenhaal is on the cover of GQ right now. I’m suddenly a GQ fan. I hope this film is good and not just a weak plot covered up in special effects.

Saved!
Saw it again this week, and I have to say I liked it even better the second time around. Want to see a teen comedy, but are smarter than all your friends? This is the movie for you.

Raising Helen
It’s like Party of Five, but without the whiney little kid who plays the violin. Related note, whiney little kid is now in Mean Girls.

The Mother (NY and LA)
A grandmother has an affair with a man half her age, who is also sleeping with her married daughter. The grandmother then fesses up to the betrayal on Jerry Springer. Ok, I made up the Jerry Springer part.

Top of the Box
Shrek 2
Saw it last night, and it wasn’t as good as everyone kept saying it was. That said, it was a lot better than most movies. Puss in Boots should be nominated for best supporting actor.

Troy
I still could care less about this movie. I don’t care how hot Brad Pitt is.

Van Helsing

Mean Girls
I can’t wait for Lohan’s E True Hollywood Story.

Man on Fire