Thursday, May 06, 2004

News bites.

Man has 6 nails shot into head with a nail gun and survives. I’m speechless. The x-ray shot is worth clicking through to the link.

There is some sitcom ending tonight. I can’t remember which one it is, but I think it might be Everyone Loves Raymond. I don’t know. But seriously, I was home watching the beginning of the Friend’s 20/20 special, I went out to a show, came home, and 20/20 WAS STILL ON. All I can think about how much it must suck to be Frasier right now.

Hazing nowadays includes eating pig intestines. It’s time to cancel Fear Factor before they get any more ideas.

I’m seriously tired of paying $2.12 for regular gasoline. Show me a candidate that can fix this please.

Naomi Cambell wins landmark privacy case against Britain’s media. I have a feeling though she might be the type of person that freaks out when the cameras actually go away. Regardless, good for her.

Picasso's "Boy With the Pipe" set a new world record for the most expensive painting ever sold going for $104,168,000 at Sotheby's auction. I’m sure this unknown bidder knew what he or she was doing when he or she decided to lay down that kind of cash for a piece of art. I’m mean, I’m sure they thought about putting it towards solving world hunger or something, but decided that painting is really going to match nicely with their rugs in the guest bedroom and they just had to have it. In unrelated artists-getting-money news, labels are forced to pay back royalties.

Oasis does drugs. Duh. Next they are going to tell us that Courtney Love does also. Wait, she does. Where is Hansen when you need them? Wait, there they are.

Big earthquake movie gearing to take sweeps. Supposedly to be as hilarious as “The Day After.” (No I’m not talking about "The Day After Tomorrow". I’m referring to the nuclear war comedy that aired as a TV movie of the week and scared the bejesus out of everyone. And by comedy, I mean depressing alarmist drama.)