Monday, May 24, 2004

On Tap

Scott’s got pics up from the weekend. I love that he called us subdued.

And even though the official results aren’t in, we already have a winner to the Shrek 2 box office contest since we all completely underestimated the film. It earned an estimated 104 million over the weekend, and is already hitting the 125 million mark including the entire 5 days it has been out. Insane. RT, you win. E-mail me your address, and I will send out your prize.

Monday, 5/24
Cat Power @ The Troubadour
You know that song she sings about being a good woman and that’s why she has to break up with her man? It makes me cry.

Madonna @ The Forum
Also performing on Tuesday and Thursday. Blah Blah Blah.

Tuesday, 5/25
Cardigans/Jonathan Rice @ The Troubadour
This show is sold out, which confuses me because it’s the Cardigans. Maybe everyone is going to see Jonathan Rice, or do people really like the Cardigans?

Wednesday, 5/26
Cursive @ The Troubadour
Also performing on Thursday and Friday as part of the Plea for Peace Tour. Plea for Peace is a tour whose main objective is to get youth communities and young adults excited about voting, let them decide what is right for them and give them a voice for the future. For more info, go to Cursive’s website.

Sky Parade (feat. members of Brian Jonestown Massacre & The Warlocks)/Silversun Pickups @ Fais Do Do (a Little Radio event)
You've been listening to Little Radio, right? It's back on the air at 87.9fm.

Thursday, 5/27
Joey McIntyre @ The Knitting Factory
I can’t believe that I had to check the spelling of Joey’s last name to type that listing. This is a name I used to doodle over and over again when I was ten. Mrs. Joey McIntyre. Mrs. Kerry McIntyre. Mrs. Kerry (mylastname)-McIntyre. And now he comes to town and I am not even going to his show. Oh, who am I kidding? I’m totally going.

Friday, 5/28
Prince @ Staples Center
He’s doing a bunch of nights at the Staples Center. I like Prince’s music, but he scares me a little.

Mountain Goats @ Spaceland

The Apple @ The Nuart (midnight screening)
Brian loves the Apple more than any human being should love a cheesy movie. If you aren't familar with this cult classic, consider staying up late and going. It's worth it.

Saturday, 5/29
Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players @ Troubadour
THIS SHOW IS CANCELED. Don’t know why. Check your hotel pool. They are probably there.

Sunday, 5/30
Sondre Lerche @ Troubadour
First night of a 2-night stand at the Troub.