Sunday, May 30, 2004

On Tap

There is no sentence I could muster that would express my excitement over the events that took place this past weekend. All I will say is that I shared a hot tub with my favorite band in the entire world. I can die now.

In a somewhat related note, you can tell we are getting into the summer touring season by the amount of quality shows there are to attend. I hope you kids have saved your pennies.

Monday, 5/31
Sondre Lerche @ Troubadour

The Like/Simple Kid @ Spaceland
Last time to see The Like for free!

Tuesday, 6/1
David Sedaris’ new book, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, comes out.
David Sedaris: making America laugh again in the absence of Friends.

Yo La Tengo @ Henry Fonda

Ron Sexsmith/David Mead @ Troubadour
Ron Sexsmith is an extremely talented singer-song writer who doesn’t seem to get the recognition he rightly deserves. Buy his albums.

Wednesday, 6/2
Finish reading David Sedaris’ new book. Start anxiously awaiting his next one.

Thursday, 6/3
Tortoise @ Henry Fonda
First of two nights.

Friday, 6/4
The Shins/Fiery Furnaces @ Wiltern
No brainer.

Keane @ Troubadour
Everyone says I will love this band, but I’m late to the gate with hearing them.

Ben Lee @ Knitting Factory

Saturday, 6/5
Franz Ferdinand @ Avalon
That annoying girl dancing up front? Yeah, that will be me.

Sunday, 6/6
Franz Ferdinand @ Wiltern

Tenacious D @ Knitting Factory
I think this is some sort of charity show. Someone bringing the A game would look that up and type here exactly what the charity is, but I never claimed to be that person.

Pedro The Lion/John Vanderslice @ Troubadour
Great bill. Great pairing. Great show.

Season Finale of The Sopranos
Don't call me during this if you know what is good for you.