Friday, June 18, 2004

At the Movies ©

First off you should read the article in today’s Wall Street Journal about hybrid automobiles (subscription required). Since gas prices look like they may never drop, you might want to make your next car an environmentally friendly one. And if that doesn’t sell you, then well, I drove to Vegas and back on one tank of gas in mine.

Second, the band The Fire-Ups have the best promotional band pictures ever... Oh, and they rock.

Also, yesterday marked the start of the LA Film Festival. Those of you who live here can actually go to these screenings. Most of the films tickets are only $10, and can be bought here.

Opening this week
The Terminal
Tim Hanks lives in an airport terminal. This film is already getting bad word of mouth. Fresh off The Ladykillers, that doesn’t bode well for Hanks.

Around the World in 80 Days
Another version kids can turn to in school so they won’t have to actually read the book.

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
Hey Stiller: I’m still waiting for my money back from Along Come Polly. If this is good, I’m willing to call it even.

I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead (limited release)
A former drug dealer goes back to old habits in the name of his murdered brother.

Top of the Box
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
See haven’t seen… will go this weekend…

The Chronicles of Riddick
I just can’t see how a movie with Vin Diesel in it can be good, but I’ve been told otherwise. Regardless, I refuse to find out for myself.

Shrek 2
Shrek kind of looks like a zombie, doesn’t he?

Garfield: The Movie!
It must have been all that cafeteria marketing.

The Stepford Wives
Another promising film, which has been quickly dismissed by those who actually saw it. Yikes.