Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I thought today was going to be boring.

While typing away in cubical-land this morning, it sounded like a parade was going on outside my building. It turned out to be the Olympic torch. I didn’t even know that was happening right now, let alone in my neighborhood. You think you would know about those kinds of things before hand…

Then while browsing in the bookstore during lunch, Candace Bushnell was there doing a book signing. The woman who is responsible for making girls everywhere drink cosmos was just sitting there, looking ever-so-bored in the middle of Brentano’s. All I could think of was to check out her shoes, not that I know a Manolo Blahnik from a Steve Madden, but it seemed like the thing to do. (ps: they looked nice enough.)

And then I come back to my desk and am interviewed for a Wall Street Journal piece to preview summer music releases, which was completely unexpected and definitely not part of my normal work day.

Finally, I realize tonight is the premiere of The Simple Life Part 2 on Fox. (SIDE NOTE: When trying to cancel seeing Napoleon Dynamite tonight with my brother because of this exciting news, and he responds to my e-mail with “I take no offense to being cancelled so you can watch a half-wit stuck-up no-talent stick and strung-out no-talent not-even-biologically­-related-to her once-famous 20-yrs-ago pop brat…That’s a much better use of your time than reading Infinite Jest.” Aren’t I lucky to have such an understanding older brother?)

And to think I almost over-slept today.