Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Logic broke my heart

I don’t know what it is about The Stills that makes me so crazy, but I get around them or their music and I just go insane. I went to the show tired and lifeless. I left wired and ready to go to the next show. Which I did. But I’m getting ahead of myself… back to the Stills. They were tight, captivating, and seemed to have made the transition from small clubs to theaters well. Emily Haines from Metric came out to sing with them during their encore, which was a delight, since Metric was originally supposed to be on the bill but dropped off a few months back. And openers Sea Ray are just plan beautiful. All in all, a solid show from start to finish.

After the Stills, I high-tailed it to Spaceland to see The Standard, who never fail to rock. Then I played merch girl. Then roadie. Then host to the band. Now I’m a bit tired, thinking about the night I have in front of me at the Troubadour, and wishing it was the weekend already.

Next week: Hibernation. I swear.