Friday, July 16, 2004

At the Movies ©

Opening this week
Metallica: Some Kind of Monster (limited)
Definitely worth seeing, even if you don’t like Metallica’s music.  Filmmakers Bruce Sinofsky and Joe Berlinger will do a Q&A following the 7:30pm showing at the Arclight on Friday, July 16
 
A Cinderella Story
All Hilary needs is some breast implant rumors and she will be back on top (no pun intended.)
 
I,Robot
They should have made it I,Zombie.  That I would go see.
 
The Door in the Floor
Based on the novel A Widow for One Year by John Irving starring Jeff Bridges and Kim Basinger.
 
Touch of Pink  (limited)
I car-pooled to work today and my co-worker just happened to have seen this last night and couldn’t stop raving about it.  It’s a film about a closeted gay man dealing with a visit from his mother with Kyle MacLachlan playing an imaginery Cary Grant.
 
Maria Full of Grace (limited)
A Columbian girl takes a dangerous chance of leaving her native country for the US.
 
Top of the Box
Spiderman 2
Did anyone else think this film was poop?
 
Anchorman
Will Ferrell is the new Jim Carrey.
 
King Arthur
Eh.
 
Fahrenheit 9/11
 
The Notebook
Better than Cats.
 
Notable
The Arclight Presents: "Porky's" (R)Writer/Director Bob Clark Q&A Follows FilmTuesday, July 20, 7:30pm.
Now I’ve never seen Porky’s, but I’m sure this is a big deal in some circles.