Monday, July 19, 2004

Monday, 7/19
Modest Mouse/The Walkmen @ The Wiltern
Sold out.  Of course.  
 
Sonic Youth @ The Henry Fonda 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


Rachael Yamagata @ The Hotel Café
Worth checking out.
 
Tuesday, 7/20
Rachael Yamagata @ The Hotel Café
 
Golden Arms @ Cinespace
 
Wednesday, 7/21
Becky @ 1650
This is Keanu’s band with Rebecca from the Real World Seattle singing.  No, I am not making that up.
 
Thursday, 7/22
Gomez/The Thrills @ Avalon
Remember when Gomez was going to be the next big thing?  
 
The Walkmen @ 1650 
Thanks to Judging Robert for scoring us tix.

Friday, 7/23
Chuck Klosterman reading @ Skylight Books (Los Feliz, 7:30pm)
Anyone who includes a chapter on Saved by the Bell is alright by me.  Buy his latest book now.  
 
Polyphonic Spree @ El Rey
We’re going to look back at this band and laugh at ourselves for ever thinking they were cool.  I can see it now on “I love the 00’s.”
 
Rilo Kiley @ John Anson Ford Theater
Their new album is amazing. 
 
Kristen Hersh @ Largo
I know where the roomie will be on Friday.
 
Saturday, 7/24
Icarus Line @ Roxy
Saving rock and roll?
 
Jet @ HoB
 
Sunday, 7/25
The Gossip @ Troubadour
 
Crystal Method @ Hollywood Bowl
I know I should like dance music more.  I’m trying.  Does the Crystal Method count?