Monday, August 02, 2004

On Tap

Monday, 8/2
Gram Rabbit @ The Echo
Someone was just telling me about this band and how I should check them out, so now I’m passing along that message to you.

Elefant/Ambulance LTD @ El Rey
This is the show to see tonight.

The Hives/Sahara Hotnights @ Henry Fonda
You forget how good this band is until you see them live again. This is the first of two nights at the Fonda. And it’s only fitting that the female version of them are opening.

Tuesday, 8/3
I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness @ Viper Room
Best name for a band, ever.

The Fever @ Key Club
They’re playing a lot around town in the next two weeks… be sure to check them out.

Helen Stellar @ Spaceland
Because gazing at your shoes is fun.

Wednesday, 8/4
Jamie Cullum @ El Rey

Thursady, 8/5
Jesse Malin @ Troubadour
I found a band called D Generation by accident when I was teenager. They became one of my favorite bands instantly, but unfortunately broke up after only putting out 3 albums. Jesse was their frontman.

Friday, 8/6
Happy Birthday Stacy and Mark!

Helio Sequence/Silversun Pickups @ Spaceland
Really impressive two-piece from Portland who have a new album out now on Subpop.

Saturday, 8/7
Jonathan Richmond @ Fingerprints

Oneida/400 Blows @ Spaceland

Sunday, 8/8
Dillinger Escape Plan @ Troubadour
Second night of a two-night stand at the Troub.

Helio Sequence @ Fingerprints